Welcome to Dr McLachlan & Partners
Welcome to Dr. McLachlan & Partners. We are a friendly NHS GP Practice, located in the centre of Helensburgh. Our dedicated team are committed to providing excellent healthcare to our patients within a caring environment. We offer a comprehensive range of services from our recently refurbished, modern premises.
We are experiencing high volumes of calls during the day. If you are needing a repeat prescription can we ask that you contact the script line on 01436 674967 or you can request them online, just go to Prescriptions at the top of this page and follow the instructions. We appreciate your time and patience at this ongoing difficult time.
If you need a prescription which is not on your repeat list (special script) then you can also request these as above. Please remember to call the surgery 24 hrs after your request to make sure a prescription has been issued.
Whilst we appreciate everything that people are doing to help the NHS during this time, it’s vital that those with non-coronavirus health concerns still seek help as they would have before the outbreak.
If you notice a deterioration in your health or someone in your household, call your GP in normal hours, 111 out of hours, or in an emergency dial 999.
NHS screening services for breast, bowel and cervical cancer have been paused during COVID-19 but if you’ve noticed symptoms and are concerned, your GP practice is open and ready to help. Getting checked early is one of the main reasons why more people are surviving cancer.
Immunisations for pregnant women and young children are continuing during this time, as they are an important part of helping protect against serious, preventable diseases.
COVID-19 patients and those displaying symptoms are treated separately.
For further information visit www.nhsinform.scot
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY UNLESS ADVISED TO DO SO BY A CLINICIAN - THE HEALTH & SAFETY OF OUR PATIENTS & STAFF IS OUR MAIN PRIORITY.
During this challenging time, we have made some changes in the way we work:
- When you come into the surgery
- We will now be doing Video Consultations (information under Appointments at top of screen)
- The phone lines will now be closed between 12.30 and 1.30pm each day. If it is an emergency please use the number given on the recorded message.
- All prescription requests, samples or hospital letters should be put into the grey box outside the main doors on the left. All prescriptions must be sent to a pharmacy, please make sure you mark which pharmacy you would like your prescription to go to as you will not be able to pick these up from the surgery.
- We will also be posting out sample bottles/swabs which the GP/Nurse have requested and also any letters requested.
- Ear syringing appointments have been suspended at this time. We will update the website when we are reinstating this service. We would recommend using oil (olive oil, almond oil) in your ears if you are having difficulties at the moment.
- We are still taking on new patients. Please print off a registration form from the website or telephone the surgery and we will send them out to you. Once completed please put them in the grey post-box outside the surgery on the left hand side. It will take a couple of days for us to get you onto the system so please wait at least 48hrs before asking for a consultation.
(Site updated 17/11/2020)