Welcome to Dr McLachlan & Partners
Welcome to Dr. McLachlan & Partners. We are a friendly NHS GP Practice, located in the centre of Helensburgh. Our dedicated team are committed to providing excellent healthcare to our patients within a caring environment. We offer a comprehensive range of services from our recently refurbished, modern premises.
FLU VACCINATIONS 2020
Phase 1 - Over 65's and At Risk Patients
This clinic will be held at HERMITAGE ACADEMY and will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Letters will be sent out at the end of this week (25.09.20). Within the letter you will also find a consent form, please complete this BEFORE you come along to your appointment and hand it in at the clinic. Please attend at your EXACT APPOINTMENT TIME. Unfortunately if you arrive early you will have to wait outside until your appointment time and if you arrive late we cannot guarantee that you will be seen (this is due to social distancing rules). For your convenience please wear loose clothing and take off any jackets, jumpers or cardigans before you are called. Please make sure you wear a mask on entering the building and keep it on until leaving the building.
The dates of the clinics will be Tuesday 6th, Wednesday 7th, Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th October. Please attend your appointment as we will not be able to provide our catch up clinics that we normally do in the surgery due to social distancing requirements.
Phase 2 - Aged 55-64 years
These patients will be invited by the Practice later in the season as per Government guidelines.
Child Nasal Flu Vaccine 2- 4yrs
Parents will have received a generic letter from the Government regarding nasal flu vaccines. The Practice will invite patients within the next few weeks - the venue for this will also be HERMITAGE ACADEMY this year.
We know these are difficult times for everyone and we have had to change our usual routine for flu vaccinations this year, but please bear with us, our main priority is the safety of our patients and staff.
Whilst we appreciate everything that people are doing to help the NHS during this time, it’s vital that those with non-coronavirus health concerns still seek help as they would have before the outbreak.
If you notice a deterioration in your health or someone in your household, call your GP in normal hours, 111 out of hours, or in an emergency dial 999.
NHS screening services for breast, bowel and cervical cancer have been paused during COVID-19 but if you’ve noticed symptoms and are concerned, your GP practice is open and ready to help. Getting checked early is one of the main reasons why more people are surviving cancer.
Immunisations for pregnant women and young children are continuing during this time, as they are an important part of helping protect against serious, preventable diseases.
COVID-19 patients and those displaying symptoms are treated separately.
For further information visit www.nhsinform.scot
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY UNLESS ADVISED TO DO SO BY A CLINICIAN - THE HEALTH & SAFETY OF OUR PATIENTS & STAFF IS OUR MAIN PRIORITY.
During this challenging time, we have made some changes in the way we work:
- When you come into the surgery
- We will now be doing Video Consultations (information under Appointments at top of screen)
- The phone lines will now be closed between 12.30 and 1.30pm each day. If it is an emergency please use the number given on the recorded message.
- All prescription requests, samples or hospital letters should be put into the grey box outside the main doors on the left. All prescriptions must be sent to a pharmacy, please make sure you mark which pharmacy you would like your prescription to go to as you will not be able to pick these up from the surgery.
- We will also be posting out sample bottles/swabs which the GP/Nurse have requested and also any letters requested.
- Ear syringing appointments have been suspended at this time. We will update the website when we are reinstating this service. We would recommend using oil (olive oil, almond oil) in your ears if you are having difficulties at the moment.
- We are still taking on new patients. Please print off a registration form from the website or telephone the surgery and we will send them out to you. Once completed please put them in the grey post-box outside the surgery on the left hand side. It will take a couple of days for us to get you onto the system so please wait at least 48hrs before asking for a consultation.
(Site updated 02/10/2020)